Thursday 15 September 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 190

Hello!

This week's sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch! calls for a split sentiment. I partially inked up my sentiment stamp and stamped the two halves on either side of my flower. It was a bit fiddly to achieve, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
I used Altenew Beautiful Day stamps and Altenew inks. I stamped the flower first and then masked and stamped the foliage and sentiment. I just love how much dimension I can create with these stamps on a one-layer card.
I'm also linking up over at Altenew's Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop for two reasons: 1. CAS(E) This Sketch is one of the featured blogs (way to go, Chrissy!) and 2. I love Altenew and any excuse to use these beautiful stamps is a good one. ;-)

I hope you join us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week. I can't wait to see what you all come up with using this fabulous sketch.

Thank-you for dropping by!

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

maria f. said...

What a take. What a beautiful flower. I have that set. NBUS! I'm just getting friendly with Watercolor Wonders. Took me awhile!

Lynn said...

Beautiful Michelle!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Michelle! Wonderful take on the sketch!

HJ said...

Gorgeous card. I love your coloring and as you said so much texture in a one-layer card. So pretty!!

Virginia L. said...

Love the simplicity and composition, Michelle! Well done!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous card and take on the sketch Michelle! Also, thank you for your sweet comment on my Altenew card ❤️!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Those Altenew flower stamps are works of art, aren't they? I love how you've made the colorful flower take center stage and split up the sentiment around it. Beautiful card!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is absolutely amazing! You just made me add another set to my "must have" list!