Monday 3 February 2014

Wedding Congratulations

Hello!

I made another card for the Mama Elephant Challenge. The inspiration photo really made me think of weddings, so I made a wedding card.
I used Mama Elephant Flashy Letters, Nursery Deco, and Filigree stamps. The sentiment and lace are silver embossed. The striped background is PTI Hibiscus Burst paper overlayed with vellum. I added a few sequins and a pink stripe to finish it off.
While I had my ME supplies out, I made another card. This one really appeals to me. It's different to my usual style, more inky, more messy. But it still looks like my work, I think. :-)
I used Mama Elephant Party Kit stamps and Femme Frames die. Colours are Distress Ink Worn Lipstick and Walnut Stain, SU! Early Espresso, PTI Berry Sorbet. I sprayed the lot with gold Smooch spray.

Here we are getting back into the school year. The school swimming started today, and my 6 & 11 year olds discovered that they are in the pool at the same time (to their delight). They are in different parts of the school (Junior School and Middle School) so rarely see each other, so having a lesson in the same place at the same time is a nice change. This afternoon my big girl started back at her violin lessons, with her brand new (beautiful sounding) full-size violin. Tomorrow my little girl has her very first violin lesson. Exciting times!

Thanks for coming by to visit.

Michelle
xxx

3 comments:

Deepti said...

These are so beautiful, love the vertical pink stripes on ur first card !!

Kara said...

beautiful! love those balloons!

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle...both of your cards are just beautiful. How fun that your two girls get along and are so talented.