Monday 2 December 2013

Twinkle All The Way

Hello!

I made a card for Jonah. Jonah is a four year old, gorgeous, little boy who is undergoing chemotherapy after finishing radiation. Susan over at Simplicity is collecting Christmas cards for him. Because I am relying on international post, I'm not 100% certain that my card will arrive for Christmas, so I made it a Christmas card that will suit any time. ;-) Jonah's story has touched me for many reasons and I wanted to reach out and try to help him smile. I hope I help his family to smile as well.
I used Mama Elephant Party Kit and Merry Greetings. Ink is Memento Luxe in Nautical Blue, Morocco, and Dandelion/Daffodil (?).

While I had this set out, I whipped up a couple of additional super-CAS one-layer cards.
And this one.
My daughter loved this last one and has taken it as one of her "Teacher thanks" cards for end of year.

Speaking of "Twinkle All The Way"... we put our tree up on the week-end. 1 December always marks the date from which we are "allowed" to put the tree up. 1 December fell on Sunday this year, yippee! We had time to do it (before heading out to carols by candlelight at school). While we were decorating the tree (the kids did it this year by themselves after I put the lights on), our dog Coco discovered that tinsel is very comfy. My eldest daughter captured this photo just before she took the tinsel away to dress the tree. :-)
Tomorrow is the last day of school for the year. Then my kids have about 9 weeks of Summer holiday. I think we are all ready from the break from the school year. ;-)

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx



4 comments:

Joyce said...

Your cards are so very sweet. I know that first one will be so cheery to receive. You have such a giant heart.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love these fun cards!! What a great set these would make....hmm I think a CASE is coming soon~ :) TFS.

Lynn said...

Jonah's card is adorable! I love it! such a sweet trio of cards Michelle.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your cards...so sweet and I am sure this little guy will be happy no matter when he opens it up.