Wednesday 26 June 2013

Fusion #12

Hello!

Another quick one. While I was watching the outcomes of the leadership ballots of the Australian Labor Party, and finding out who our Prime Minister is as a result, I decided to make a card. For those who are interested, and haven't seen the news yet - the ALP caucus voted Kevin Rudd their leader and dumped Julia Gillard. No political comment from me other than the fact that I'm pretty disillusioned by the state of Australian politics generally at the moment. Also on tv tonight is the State of Origin football match (Rugby League) between Qld and NSW. I hear (via the political reporters who thought I may be interested) that Qld was ahead at last count, by a mile, so I'm guessing Qld won that game, LOL! My train home this afternoon was packed full of Qld supporters in their maroon jerseys, as the game was played here in Brisbane. They'll be celebrating tonight. :-)

I'm squeezing in at the last minute for Fusion Challenge #12. I chose to make a fusion of the sketch and the inspiration photo.
I used PTI Background Basics: Circles, and Heart-2-Heart #3. I also used Mama Elephant Basic Borders for the top dotted line. Colours are SU! Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Hero Arts Pale Tomato.
Okay, off to bed for me! Thanks for coming by!

Michelle
xxx

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love your color choices!

Lynn said...

I love that you picked the colors up too. Great card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle, love your patterns and how you grabbed the colours from the photo.

Unknown said...

Very cute. I thought about using those same hearts!

StephC said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Michelle. I love that circle background it's really funky and fun!! Xx

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet and I love your trio of brightly colored hearts!

AB. said...

Great card!! ...yes, wasn't it a weird day for Australian politics!?

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Absolutely delightful, bright and fun.

Cassandra said...

Nearly missed this stunner. Great design and colour use. I am with you - completely over politics at any level.

Lyndal said...

Fabulous stamping Michelle - love it!!
So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

Janet's Joy said...

A fun bright card Michelle!