Thursday 21 March 2013

For Your Inspiration #42

Hello!

Today is For Your Inspiration day!  Today's inspiration is bold, and so I have made a bold card, using colour blocking. For me, there was no other way to combine the colours and the feeling of the image. ;-)
For this card I used a brand new stamp set (which I won at Clean & Simple Card Making 2 class, yay!) Hero Arts Tall Flowers. I created a colour-blocked card base using SU! Brilliant Blue, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, and Chocolate Chip. I stamped in Versamark and white embossed. I coloured the flowers a little with Delicata Gold.

The inspiration photo for For Your Inspiration #42 is this one. What's your take on it? I'd love to see your interpretation over in the gallery.
Check out the rest of the Design Team contributions, beautiful work as always.
Debbie
Karen
Mynnette
Rochelle
Rudlis
Sara
Vicki

I will admit, that I used some other inspiration in making this card. I am entering this into Muse Challenge #9, where Marion Vagg has brought us this beautiful card. I loved the coloured stripes with the white images and sentiments. Marion make the most beautiful cards!

And also A Blog Named Hero Challenge #22 where the theme is Freestyle - we can make anything, so long as we have fun!

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

17 comments:

Sara Mac said...

WOW! I adore your take on the photo. You captured the bright, boldness with perfection.

Tracey McNeely said...

Amazing Michelle, your card and the inspiration are a perfect match.

Happy Dance said...

Wow! Love how bright this is. Those flowers really pop against the bright blue. Great take on Marion's card--you've made it your own! Bev

Barb said...

Another "WOW" from me! Such a fabulous interpretation of that photo, Michelle! LOVE it!

landerson213 said...

Love love love the color blocking with the white embossed on top! So pretty! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com

Rochelle Sodipo said...

How fresh and Springy! I love it! You did a great job with that embossing!

Inkyfingers said...

This is a great card Michelle- so bright and cheery somehow. What a bonus that it fits other challenges!

Virginia L. said...

Very striking and beautiful!! Love the design and embossing, Michelle! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet!

Neets B said...

Fab interpretation of the photo and the Muse card - great job :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the take and CASE with this card! Beautiful colors together!!

Meg said...

Love this card! I am a bright bold colours gal and you have really achieved that.

Mynn xx said...

Michelle, this is GORGEOUS! LOVE the flower stamp and your papers look amazing! :)

Claire said...

Oh this is fantastic Michelle - it's so vibrant...gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

These flowers look like they're dancing!

Anonymous said...

Blown away, Michelle. Simply blown away.

Greta said...

So bright & pretty--love your card!

Nance said...

A very bright and cheerful card! I saw it on the Muse challenge and thought maybe it had the FYI inspiration colors! Love your color blocking, such a creative design!