Tuesday 30 August 2011

Last minute entries. . .

Hello!

When I saw the Color Throwdown colours this week, I immediately knew I wanted to use them. BUT, I had a 4th birthday party to organise and NO time over the last week to do much card making. I also have Fathers Day coming next week-end, so had to find a little time to help my eldest daughter make a card for her Daddy. My card for him is yet to be created, eek. I also need to get a card sent off to my own Dad. It most definitely won't make it to him in time (he lives a long way away) but at least I made it before the day. . .

On Sunday evening, we sat down to make some cards. The big girl and I had chosen the colour scheme, we had chosen the papers and card stock, we had chosen the images, but the layout was eluding me.  We finally got the first card made, but I was still struggling. So last night I went looking for a sketch to use, because my own inspiration was sadly lacking. I found Dawny's Sketch at Simon Says Stamp, and I liked it.

So my card uses, Color Throwdown #156, which is these lovely colours:
and Simon Says Stamp, Dawny's sketch:
And my card looks like this:

 I used:
Stamps - Garden Friends by Jane's Doodles
Card - Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, Barely Banana
Patterned Paper - So Saffron pattern from Washington Apple
Ink: Perfect Plum, Crumb Cake, Barely Banana, Memento Tuxedo Black
Googly eyes came from my stash

My daughter's card is this one:
It took us ages to come up with this design. My girls take after their Mummy a little with their perfectionism, sigh!  She wasn't happy with her colouring, but I think she did a great job. She's 8 (going on 18).

I hope you like the cards. You can see that my love affair with Garden Friends has not yet ended. It is such a lovely set of images, and the stamps work SO WELL. I'm really enjoying them.

What do you think?

Michelle
xxx

4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh I love how you have used Jane's Doodles stamps...this is such a cutie of a card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Cassandra said...

I heard a whisper there was a creation from daughter No.1 and she has done a great job, You have reminded me that I need some Father's Day cards AND a birthday card for Sunday.

Annette Allen said...

aww your turtle is so adorable.. Love it..

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment... Happy Crafting..

Jenny said...

Arrr they are both fab cards Michelle, your daughter has a flair for cardmaking too :)
Great choice of image for the colours
Jenny x